Salary: £263.88 - £304.48 per day
Ref: Winchester - T0411
This role is for a minimum of 4 months, commencing as soon as possible. In covering this role, you will be able to hit the ground running, be able to take ownership or delivering the work and be a confident elf-starter. Working in a team of 7-8 staff, you will take on all aspects of management accounting as outlined below as well as any ad hoc duties that may arise.
Ideally finalist or qualified and will to take this role initially on a temp basis, with a view to extending
- Prepare, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts and financial statements, such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules
- Carry out structured work assignments to prepare, record, analyse and report accounting transactions such as statutory accounts, financial statements and reports
- Provide financial forecasting and budgeting analysis
- Deliver accurate and complete accounting records to comply with accepted accounting policies and principles
Prepare and deliver management accounting, reporting and commentary for operating expenditure across all 3 revenue generating Business Units (BU) in the company. Key interfaces include BU specific management accountants, other Group finance functions, and the BU finance teams.
- Deliver finance support and services in terms of accurate, timely and insightful reporting of Actuals, budget and Forecast financial performance, providing insight into forward trends, risks and opportunities arising, and proactive, action orientated advice re actions required to address or improve BU performance.
- Support BU Commercial Finance team in accounting, forecasting and reporting of Opexincl labour and headcount costs. Provision of ad hoc analysis. Preparation of annual BU budgets, working closely with BU teams.
- Liaise with the Corporate Costs team to ensure full transparency and understanding of key cost trends as they impact operating expenditure within the BU
- Prepare complex balance sheet reconciliations, to time and quality (prepayments, accruals etc)
- Deliver timely and quality reporting and analysis
- Adopt a continuous improvement ethos as part of the Management Accounts team
- Ensure transparency of savings and costs to track and monitor delivery of strategic cost targets and profitability.
- Liaise collaboratively with Corporate Costs team to ensure full understanding of financials, and actions required to ensure delivery.
- Provide support for cost centre managers re cost trends and targets, in the most efficient manner, optimising a "self-serve" approach with useful, actionable reports for users.
- Ensure financial reporting compliance with accounting policy
- Support any internal or external audit requirements
- Degree educated ideally
- Finalist/Newly-Qualified Accountant - 0-2 years+
- Good communicator, interpersonal skills.
- Gravitas to persuade and influence.
- Significant experience in similar roles, in central finance teams, ideally in TMT sector and a fast-moving environment.
- Good modelling skills, advanced Excel, PowerPoint.
- Previous use of Oracle, Essbase, Hyperion, BI reporting tools would be ideal.
- Evidence of successful finance process improvement.
- Customer orientated & significant personal drive.
- Resilient, able to drive change, sense of humour,
- Reliable and demonstrable success in a high pressure, tight deadline environment.
- Ability to find solutions, lead change, seek continuous improvement in reporting processes
If you have not heard from a Consultant within 2 weeks then unfortunately on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful