Salary: £12 - £14.54
Ref: T 2598
Location : Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Due to an increased workload, this organisation is seeking an experienced Housing Officer who can demonstrate previous exposure gained from within the housing sector.
To be successful in this position the ideal candidate will have proven experience of tenancy management and will provide an effective and flexible housing management service (independently or supporting housing officers in the team), which can include estate management, sign up of new tenancies, tenancy support and management, nuisance and anti-social behaviour, assistance with rent arrears and service charge management and resident involvement.
- Provide effective management /support of properties in liaison with functional housing teams and other departments.
- Effective tenancy management and support from application including arrears advice, successions, joint to sole / sole to joint & all related issues.
- Undertake home visits to transfer list applicants, emphasising the arrears recovery policy, assess applications in line with policy and provide appropriate information to assist in the accurate registration of applicants
- Assist tenant & resident groups, in liaison with the Resident Involvement team. Undertake landlord liaison role with existing & new groups, providing information on all aspects of services affecting the area.
- Undertake neighbourhood walkabouts with Property Services staff and resident representatives and other agencies in accordance with the Neighbourhood Guide.
- Propose & develop estate improvement plans in consultation with residents.
- Pro-active management of all nuisance, harassment, hate crime or other cases were required. Liaise with legal advisor's as required ensuring speedy resolution of issues using appropriate remedies
- Assist in the collection of rent arrears as required in liaison with the income team
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to the company’s corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
A level education or equivalent through relevant training/experience
Experience of working in Tenancy and Estates / Housing management or similar
Good IT skills
Numerate and Data Rational
- Able to understand financial information including budgeting
- Able to work flexibly including attendance at occasional out of hours events
- Able to travel throughout the region
If you have not heard from a Consultant within two weeks of submitting your application then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.