Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 pro rata
Ref: Basingstoke - T4554
This long standing, established organisation is seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant on a part time basis to join their team.
As an Accounts Assistant, your role will be to maintain the day-to-day Purchase and Nominal Ledger financial accounting activities, and provide support to the Finance and Administration of the UK facility. Ideally the successful candidate will have solid experience of producing and reporting VAT returns to HMRC and will be knowledgeable of financial accounting software and be highly numerate. The ideal candidate will be available to work 3 consecutive days per week, ideally 7.5 hours per day.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Purchase invoice processing, using the computerised accounting system.
- Maintenance and analysis of the Purchase, Nominal Ledgers.
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns and submitting electronically to HMRC in a timely manner.
- Banking requirements, including monitoring required currency levels and reconciliations.
- Maintain and monitor HMRC exchange rates in accounting system.
- Petty Cash management and control; ensuring appropriate supporting documentation is in place.
- Facilitating monthly salary payments through the bank.
- Supplier payment management, ensuring timely payments and necessary authorisations are in place.
- General reconciliation of accounts for audit purposes and preparation of month-end procedures and financial reporting.
- Preparing monthly EC Sales and Intrastat returns.
- General record maintenance, electronic filing and obtaining necessary process authorisations for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Monitoring and processing employee expense claims.
- Processing monthly company credit card statements.
- Management and reconciliation of the Fixed Asset Register and Leases (IFRS16).
- Monitor and process monthly accruals, prepayments and required journals.
- Assist with the improvement of processes, reporting and analysis.
- To assist the Finance Manager, when necessary and as appropriate.
- To maintain best practices in line with H&S, EMS and QMS requirements.
- Maintain good customer relations on the telephone at all times and ensure customer satisfaction
- General office duties - mail in and out, stationery supplies, overseeing amenity requirements, general housekeeping etc.
QUALITIES AND TRAITS:
- GCSE level maths (or equivalent)
- Bookkeeping / AAT level 2 (or equivalent)
- General IT skills, to include Microsoft Word and Excel (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of financial accounting software (Lakeview or equivalent - desirable)
- Good communication (verbal and written)
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Well organised, efficient and attention to detail
- Must be flexible around working hours
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Team player
- Integrity and resilience
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on other opportunities we are currently recruiting for which may suit your next career move.