Salary: £10.43 - £11 ph
Ref: Winchester - T 4859
Our client is looking to recruit a highly numerical Part time Admin Assistant/Secretary initially on a 6 month contract working 21- 25 hours per week - ideally, they would like some 5 days per week but would accept 4 days.
You will be providing comprehensive secretarial/administrative support to the accounts and payroll function within the Pensions Administration department.
The position requires a well-organised, personable individual with an ability to work as part of a team. You should be conscientious, reliable, and efficient and display a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Accuracy, attention to detail, flexibility, numeracy and common sense are very important attributes.
- Scanning documentation as and when required, for example between locations when work is done in one office but the papers are needed in the other or for the annual audit. Assist with a future project of scanning paperwork to help implement a paperless system within the Pensions Administration Department.
- Opening and scanning the post each day, adding it to the workflow system and distributing to team members in a timely fashion. Marking work as complete where appropriate, and general maintenance of the workflow system.
- Assisting the Pensions Administration department in the production of written or visual material (such as letters, reports, memos, presentations) to quality standards using in-house templates and adhering to house-style rules.
- In particular, creating letters in respect of information requests going to third parties, chasing up such information and monitoring responses. Also drafting other basic letters providing information to third parties.
- Amending Trustee Report & Accounts and update charts and tables.
- May be required to update change of details on member records.
- Archiving and filing as necessary in accordance with agreed procedures, ensuring that the appropriate documents are removed from files and retained.
- Assembling, binding and distributing Trustee Report & Accounts.
- Assist in the organisation and completion of mailing exercises including the regular monthly printing, checking and sending of payslips and annual P60s.
- Answering telephones, taking messages and passing them to the appropriate team member. May also be required to request or check information by telephone in connection with an individual case.
- Arrange meetings, booking meeting rooms, setting up rotas, arranging and taking minutes for team meetings and other general team and office duties.
- Obtaining signatures for mandates and payments by liaising with internal signatories on a daily basis.
- May be required to input information on data files for bulk updates and to complete simple verification procedures to check data has been entered accurately.
- Assist in setting up library standard letters for regular tasks in accordance with quality standards and ensure these are kept up to date on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in banking duties as required, for example taking cheques to the bank (we do not handle cash).
- Work with the wider secretarial pool to cover for holidays and absences in ensuring the smooth running and support of the Pensions Administration Department.
If you do not hear from a consultant within two weeks of submitting your details, then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.