Ref: Andover - T 4595
Based in Andover, but with occasional travel locally, our client is looking for an organised, confident Coordinator to join their team on a part time basis (27.5 hours per week). The successful candidate will recruit and support volunteers to provide activities required by a group of multi-professional teams in order to organise support services for people needing care and rehabilitation at home.
The post holder will also work with local community organisations to identify resources and support services for patients who are preparing for discharge home.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Work in a person centred manner to support the health and wellbeing of individual people.
- Work under the direction of the multi-disciplinary team to deliver therapeutic and recreational activities for patients, consisting of both individual and group sessions.
- Recruit and support volunteers in line with the company policy and procedure to support the delivery of activities for patients.
- Form strong working relationships with the local community voluntary sector.
- Be required to work independently, identifying any potential issues and flagging those as appropriate to the team.
- Work with the relevant teams to organise transfer home with local services.
- Report to the project steering group and provide data and reports as required to support the evaluation process.
- IT literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of community based services and activities for older people.
- Understanding of project management and KPI’s.
- Ability to empathise with older people, with an interest in their welfare.
- A current driving licence and willingness to travel around the county.
If you do not hear from a consultant within two weeks of submitting your details, then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.