Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
Ref: Basingstoke - T 3496
An exciting opportunity has become available working for this fun and fast moving organisation in central Basingstoke. Working within a team of 3, your main responsibility will be to ensure that all payroll functions are performed accurately and efficiently following company policy and procedure.
The company has over 4500 employees on their payroll systems and there will be a mixture of both monthly and weekly payroll runs. The ideal candidate will have all round payroll experience including manual SSP and SMP calculations.
- Payroll administration of new starters, leavers, attendance records, time sheets, employee files, holiday & sickness records
- Correct calculation and processing of Basic Pay, Guaranteed Pay, Salary Reviews, Overtime, Bonus, Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, SSP, SMP/SPP/ShPP, Student Loans, Payments in Lieu, Redundancy and Termination Payments
- Processing of electronic tax codes (P6 & P9) & investigation of rejections
- Ensuring all payroll information is accurate and in keeping with payroll deadlines
- Processing of BACS payroll payments
- Administration of 3rd Party reconciliation including payment schedules & correspondence
- Consistently ensure HMRC compliance (.ie. RTI submissions)
- Deduction, reconciliation and payment of court orders
- Processing of pension and auto enrolment
- Ensure that all processing of data is in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Dealing with salary bank rejections
- Keeping accurate and clear payroll records for inspection and audit
- Update payroll knowledge continuously
- Update payroll procedures as required
- Participate in process improvement team meetings
- Experience working to tight deadlines and following a strict timetable to process payroll is essential
- Payroll experience within a retail or service industry is desirable
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, formulas) and Outlook
- High degree of accuracy
- Flexible in approach to workload and able to cope and adapt within a fast paced and changing environment
- Internal training will be provided on our systems; Snowdrop KCS (Sage based system) and Intellinet (Ceridian system) however experience of Sage or Ceridian systems will be an advantage
If you do not hear from a Consultant within 2 weeks of your application, then on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful.