Salary: £22,000 - £35,000 negotiable
Ref: Winchester - T2402
This position of Assistant Pensions Administrator requires someone who is well-organised, has an aptitude for figure work and a knowledge of Defined Benefits. There is an opportunity for progression with a structured career path and a full training programme will be provided.
Working in pensions administration,you will be part of a team of committed professionals who give the client the best possible service. Each day is spent working on a number of Defined Benefit clients leading to a variety in the type of work performed. As you develop you will take on more responsibility for the clients that you work on.
- Gain and apply knowledge of technical matters
- Ensure compliance with company procedures when completing cases
- Have an understanding of preservation, statutory increases, contracting-out and the current pensions tax regime.
- Be aware of the key requirements of disclosure and special conditions for clients.
- Become aware of what is scheme specific and not necessarily applicable for all schemes and be aware of your clients’ own procedures and nuances.
- Be able to do benefit calculations either by a manual calculation, work through the relevant checklist for each individual case, draft non-standard letters, run bulk calculations on the pensions administration system and complete manual calculations
- Use the pension’s administration system to obtain benefit information for a member and to accurately update information.
- Be able to use the reporting functions on the pensions administration system, in order to obtain information and provide internal departments with data when requested
- Suited to individuals with previous Defined Benefit experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Educated to 'A’ level, degree level or equivalents.
- Well organised and thorough, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone but to be a strong team player who is able to cope with multi-tasking and fluctuating workloads
- Able to maintain high standard of professionalism at all times
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on other opportunities we are currently recruiting for which may suit your next career move.