Salary: £18 - £18.19 per hour
Ref: Basingstoke - T5656
We are working on behalf of our client who is currently seeking a temporary Contract Manager to join their team initially for 3 months in duration. This is a full time position working Monday to Friday 8.30am until 5.00pm.
The Contract Manager will provide operational contract performance management for a portfolio of allocated contracts by appropriately monitoring contractor progress and performance to agreed service quality and budget.
The ideal candidate will provide advice when new contracts are procured to ensure contracts are fit for purpose and carry out site inspections to determine scope of works in order to develop project briefs. Strong communication, negotiating and problem-solving skills are therefore essential.
You must have experience in contract management; proven experience in a similar client-based role would be ideal.
- Provide operational contract performance management for a portfolio of allocated contracts, predominately focused on lifts
- Be the lead in the operational delivery and monitoring of contracts and supplier performance, including managing contractor performance of SLA’s and against KPI’s and handling any comments or complaints
- Support the Commercial Manager to deliver efficiencies and service improvements
- Support the Senior Contract Manager in the development and implementation of the Property Services Procurement Strategy
- Provide advice to when new contracts are procured to ensure contracts are fit for purpose and handed over for management
- Develop project briefs, carry out site inspections, determine the scope of works required, prepare estimates, alternative proposals, drawings, specifications, schedules and tender documentation.
- Prepare and submit applications for Planning Consent and Building Regulations Approval
- Commercially manage all supply chain and contractor performance within their contract portfolio.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of contracts and tenders that reflect customer needs and organisation annual maintenance plan
- Responsible for all aspects of the commercial management in the contracts within their portfolio, including in assisting in the procurement of contracts.
- Delivery of efficiency savings by adopting a supplier performance management approach
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting savings made within the contracts allocated in their portfolio
- Effectively manage comments and complaints from internal and external customers
- Work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that there is a full understanding of the contracts and the service delivery of the contracts within their portfolio.
- Develop new contracts as needs are identified and agree a program of contracting activity to ensure that all contracts are re-negotiated or tendered correctly.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on other opportunities we are currently recruiting for which may suit your next career move.