Salary: £21,500 per annum
Ref: Winchester - T2002
This position requires someone who is well organised, aptitude for figure work and is able to work as part of a team. Working within a busy pension’s department, you will cover all aspects of pensions administration. As you develop you will take on more responsibility for the clients that you work with. This leads to a real sense of client ownership and individual growth as you learn more about pensions in general. There is room for progression with a structured career path and a full training programme
- Would be expected to do initial calculations and to prepare the appropriate standard letters to members, clients and advisers. The calculations will vary from scheme to scheme and be carried out on company system
- Required to operate the computerised pensions administration data and operations modules and to update individual member records accurately and completely.
- May be required to input information on data files for bulk updates and to complete simple verification procedures to check data has been entered accurately and would be expected to assist in keeping these records up-to-date and in good order.
- Prepare letters to members, clients and advisers using the appropriate standard letter where one exists.
- Communicate with scheme members and clients and deal with general telephone enquiries on a day to day basis.
- Ideally suited to a person with previous office experience (pensions experience is not essential).
- Educated to 'A’ level, degree level or equivalents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Word / Excel / Outlook)
- Well organised and thorough, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work either alone and/or as part of a team with fluctuating workload also the ability to use own initiative.
- Able to maintain high standard of professionalism at all times with and ability to demonstrate good organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility of hours worked/duties undertaken and keen to learn.
- Expected to study for appropriate professional qualification.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on other opportunities we are currently recruiting for which may suit your next career move.