Salary: £21,500 per annum
Due to continued success and growth, this professional organisation is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic individual to join their expanding team, to deliver an efficient and effective service to the company’s clients.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Assisting in the running of the pension payroll to ensuring pensioners are paid accurately and on time, in accordance with legislation and organisational timetables;
- Assist in the preparation and management of the pensioner payroll process for our client's payrolls in line with our procedures; to assist in all aspects for a portfolio of client's payrolls and process their monthly payrolls from start to finish.
- Ensure payroll changes are recorded correctly on the work management system and processed according to agreed procedures and timescales.
- Reconciliation of payroll costs and changes against our Pensions Administration database
- Ensuring PAYE deductions are made and paid within statutory deadlines
- Production and distribution of annual P60s
- Ensure payments to pensioners, HMRC and other third-party bodies are made on a timely basis and within agreed controls
- Answer queries (by telephone and in writing) from pensioners, colleagues, partners and clients and other third-party bodies in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with agreed payroll deadlines and ensure that team planners and the payroll calendar is kept up to date
- Support the rest of the Pensions Payroll Team on payroll and team matters
- Maintain payroll and ancillary systems
- Advise and assist our Pensions Administration Teams on any payroll matters
- To issue payslips to pensioners within agreed timescales and always ensuring these are sent to the confirmed and up to date address.
Skills and qualities
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, and on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Well organised
- Professional at all times with a hands on and positive 'can-do’ attitude
- Strong maths skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Excel skills to an intermediate level would be ideal
Experience and qualifications
- Ideally suited to a person with some previous office experience (payroll experience would be a bonus but is not essential).
- GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including maths.
- Educated to 'A’ level, degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 2016 (Word / Excel / Outlook).
If you do not hear from a Consultant within 1 week of your application then unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful